But does online Physio actually work?
YES! There is a large amount of evidence that has found that online physio consulting via telehealth delivers the same if not better results.
Why is this you may ask? We believe it’s because online telehealth physio is about:
- Empowering, equipping and educating patients so they can take ownership of their health via teaching self treatment strategies and the set-up of a progressive, personalized home exercise program
- Patient-Centered, rather than therapist-centered approach – with online physio, the patient cannot be passive in the journey. So much of the outcome achieved depends on the patient doing the right things, home exercise program and taking ownership of their health issue.
MyPlace Physio is passionate about empowering you to take control of your own health journey so you can get the results that you want. We are here to support, coach and equip you with all the tools and expertise you need to get pain-free and achieve your health and fitness goals. All while relaxing in the comfort of your own home!
Why choose MyPlace Physio?
At MyPlace Physio Coolangatta and MyPlace Physio Elanora, we get RESULTS. Long-term, lasting results. We do this by providing:
1) Thorough Initial Assessments to identify the primary diagnosis and contributing factors.
2) Effective treatments - We utilise manual therapy, dry needling, muscle release techniques. We also utilise exercise prescription, and strength and conditioning to achieve great outcomes.
3) Personalised home exercise programs with on-going app messaging support for every patient after the session.
- Private health fund rebatable physiotherapy services.
- Experienced physios only - all of our physios have a minimum of 8 years of clinical physiotherapy experience.
- Personalised, goal-centered rehab and health plans to help you achieve your goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I bring to my physio session?
To make things as efficient as possible bring the following to your appointment:
- Doctor/specialist referral and other relevant paperwork
- Copy of any scans/medical reports Ie. x-ray report
- Private health fund card (if relevant)
- Wear loose-fitting clothes where possible for easier assessment and treatment access
How does Telehealth Physio work?
Similar to face to face physio, via video-call we take a history, do a physical assessment and then come to an accurate diagnosis. We then teach you how to self-treat the contributing factors and educate you around what to do. We then set you up with a personalised home exercise program for you to do from home. Then , we give you all the support you need via in-app messaging support, so you can achieve your health goals faster.
For Telehealth Physio - How do I pay for the session? And how does that work with private health fund rebates and Medicare and Workcover referrals?
Payment happens securely online when you book your session or at the start of the consultation. As the consultation is completed online, payment is required before the session commences. If you have private health insurance you can claim this back after the session through your private health fund. If you have an EPC referral or are covered under CTP of Workcover, we will reimburse any booking payment made back to your card at the start of the session.
Can I claim private health fund rebates?
Yes - the vast majority of private health funds are now offering rebates for both in-person and online telehealth physiotherapy consults. For confirmation, please contact your private health fund provider or get in touch via our Contact Us page.
Does Telehealth physio actually work?
Yes! There is a large amount of evidence that has found that online physio consulting via telehealth delivers the same if not better results. Why is this you may ask? We believe it’s because the client, rather than the therapist, is empowered and at the centre of their rehab journey.
For Telehealth Physio - What if you can’t help me?
During the initial consultation, if we believe we can’t help you, we will refund your payment. We will then refer you to the right person to help you!